Final journey in style
Wm. Dodgson & Son Funeral Services can explain all the options available to you for the funeral cortege, should you choose to have one. In a traditional cortege the deceased in the coffin will travel from the funeral directors in a modern hearse to a location of your choice, via a chosen route or direct to the service venue and then on to the committal location if it’s different. Guest and family members would travel behind the hearse in a limousine, alternative hired transportation or in their own vehicles.
Things to consider…
- Who will require transport, close family and friends and other guests?
- The type and number of vehicles you would like
- Who you would like to travel in the cortege
- If there is a specific route you would like the cortege to take
- Are you having a service and committal in two locations?
- The arrangement and display of floral tributes
- If you would like a unique specialist funeral cortege with alternative and unusual vehicles
Many people prefer the traditional motor hearse but there are now other alternatives. Wm. Dodgson & Son Funeral Services can make your funeral more personalised with choices including horse-drawn hearse options, 4×4 Land Rover, motorcycle, ‘Only Fools and Horses themed 3-wheeler’, pink, silver, white or poppy decorated hearses, a double-decker bus, a trike, a vintage lorry and VW Campervan. Please talk to us about all the options available or something specific you would like us to try and arrange for you.
We can assist you in every step of the funeral and cremation arrangements so please ask us about any queries you may have.
Funeral prices vary depending on the type of ceremony you would like for your loved one. There are many options to choose from to make it unique and special.
It is now really easy to plan ahead, making a huge difference by easing the burden on your family when the time comes, so they can focus on the arrangements.
Wm. Dodgson & Son Funeral Services can assist you in every step of the funeral so please don’t hesitate to ask us about any aspects or queries you may have.